Subject: Joint letter of EU farmer/manufacturers to improve the Commission's proposal for the renewal of Ukraine ATM
From: "Laura Basiacco" <[email-masked]>
To: "MKM info"
Cc: <[email-masked]>, "Permanent Representation of Estonia to the EU" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Patrick Pagani" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 16:51:41 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Minister Riisalo,

We hope this email finds you well.

Please find enclosed a joint letter supported by 6 EU associations
representing producers and manufacturers for the sugar, eggs, poultry,
cereals and oilseeds sectors presenting our request to improve the
Commission's proposal for the renewal of Ukraine ATM. Please find also a
document presenting some precision regarding the market impacts of those
imports as well as a PowerPoint presentation presenting the shortcomings
of the Commission's proposal and the required improvements.

We believe that it is really essential to improve this text in order to
ensure both the survival of EU producers and manufacturers while keeping
EU citizens support to Ukraine. This is even more pressing in these
difficult times for famers who are protesting all over the EU to preserve
the economic viability of their business.

We would of course be delighted to discuss this further with you and your
services should you have any questions.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

On behalf of the following associations:

*         AVEC – Association of Poultry Processors and Poultry Trade in
the EU countries

*         CEFS –  European Association of Sugar Manufacturers

*         CEPM – European Confederation of Maize Production

*         CIBE – International Confederation of European Beet Growers

*         Copa-Cogeca - the united voice of farmers and their cooperatives
in the European Union

*         EUWEP – European Union of Wholesale with Eggs, Egg Products,
Poultry and Game

Bruno MENNE

Director of Commodities

Sustainable Food Systems | Arable Crops

Tel : + 32 (0)2 287 27 24 | Fax : + 32(0)2 287 27 00 | GSM: +32(0)478 18
99 09

Copa & Cogeca | Rue de Trèves 61, 1040 Bruxelles

 <http://www.copa-cogeca.eu/> www.copa-cogeca.eu |
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Laura Basiacco

Policy Assistant

Commodities Team

Tel : + 32 (0)2 287 27 17

Copa – Cogeca | Rue de Trèves 61, 1040 Bruxelles |
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]